January is a great time of year to start or restart your immersion in scripture.
Daily or periodic scripture reading is essential to understand and be shaped by God’s whole story.
Here are some recommended plans you can find on Bible.com (YouVersion app), other links, or use them with your physical bible.
- One Story that leads to Jesus (Bible Project 1 year plan)
- You can download the Bible Project App
- One Year with Nicky Gumbel (Alpha)
- Common Book of Prayer (Bible in 2 years with emphasis on daily psalms)
- Gospels (Bible Project, 90 days)
- Lectionary readings (selection of OT, Psalm, NT, Gospel)
- This plan takes you through the themes of the church year (Advent, Epiphany, Lent, Holy Week, Eastertide, Pentecost, Ordinary time)
- For a slower pace throughout the week, you can also just use the Sunday readings
If you’re already using a plan or method we’d love to hear about it. Send us a note at email@example.com!