Want to learn how to develop deep roots with Jesus?
The Church will not be the same as we move forward from this global crisis. We need followers of Jesus living out of a deep inner life with Jesus and who live in communities as a distinct counterculture and who serve as salt and light in the world for him.
Out of a desire to best utilize this season to invest in deep discipleship, we will be leading what we are calling – The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course via Zoom from 7- 9 p.m. on eight consecutive Tuesdays, from October 20 to December 8, 2020. If you are ready, you can register now.
This is your invitation to that course.
Our goal is simple: to lead you into a lived experience of the theology and culture of Emotionally Healthy Discipleship.
But since we cannot give what they do not possess, the focus will be primarily on your inner life in Jesus. We are structuring the course for those with serious desire to grow and mature in their relationships with Jesus.
The topics are as follows:
Session 1: The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality (Saul & the False Self)
Session 2: Know Yourself that You May Know God (David & Leading from a True Self)
Session 3: Go Back to Go Forward (Joseph and a Life of Surrender)
Session 4: Journey Through the Wall (Abraham and the Dark Night of Leadership)
Session 5: Enlarge Your Soul Through Grief & Loss (Jesus and the Treasures Found in Loss)
Session 6: Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath (A Sabbath Deep Dive)
Session 7: Grow Into an Emotionally Mature Adult (Loving People as a Thou not an It)
Session 8: Develop a Rule of Life (Recrafting How You Structure Your Life)
The following are the requirements to attend:
• You have a God-given hunger to grow deeply in this season
• Attend all 8 Sessions from 7-9 p.m.
• Order a copy of each of the materials EH Spirituality book, EHS workbook & EHS Day by Day
• Your commitment to do the readings/assignments each week (average of 1-2 hours per week)
• Read the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book and complete weekly homework assignments For example: On our first day, you’ll begin doing Daily Offices 2x a day – with silence and stillness – and begin prayerfully reading, or rereading, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
Before Week 1 on insert date please do the following:
1. Read chapter 1 of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
2. Take the EHS Personal Assessment. How Emotionally Healthy Are You?
If you want to be part of this special opportunity, click here to register. We will be in contact after that to guide you on next steps.
Looking forward to the journey together!