Want to learn how to develop deep roots with Jesus?
Hope to grow from the inside out?
Do you have spiritual rhythms, practices or a rule of life to guide you?
The world is not the same as we move forward from the pandemic or current global crisis’ – either is the Church. We need followers of Jesus living out of a deep inner life with Jesus, living in their communities as a reflection of God’s kingdom life, serving as salt and light in the world with him.
Out of a desire to best utilize this season for deep discipleship, we will be leading another Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Course.
If you’ve never taken EHS with us, this is a great opportunity to invest 8 weeks this fall for your own spiritual formation and inner growth. If you’ve already taken it here’s 2 reasons to do it again.
- we are planning for a relaunch small groups this winter; for those hoping to host or help start a group, spiritual and emotional maturity is essential
- the contents of EHS aren’t a silver bullet but rather principles that take years to nurture and develop (a second time around will only help you grow deeper and take additional steps for this season)
Wednesdays, from October 19 to December 7, 2022.
Registration HERE // Email for further questions.
Our goal is simple: to lead you into a lived experience of the theology and culture of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and Discipleship.
Since we cannot give what they do not possess, the focus will be primarily on your inner life in Jesus. We are structuring the course for those with serious desire to grow and mature in their relationships with Jesus and develop habits towards spiritual and emotional maturity.
The topics are as follows:
Session 1: The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality (Saul & the False Self)
Session 2: Know Yourself that You May Know God (David & Leading from a True Self)
Session 3: Go Back to Go Forward (Joseph and a Life of Surrender)
Session 4: Journey Through the Wall (Abraham and the Dark Night of Leadership)
Session 5: Enlarge Your Soul Through Grief & Loss (Jesus and the Treasures Found in Loss)
Session 6: Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath (A Sabbath Deep Dive)
Session 7: Grow Into an Emotionally Mature Adult (Loving People as a Thou not an It)
Session 8: Develop a Rule of Life (Re-crafting How You Structure Your Life)
The following are the requirements to attend:
- You have a God-given hunger to grow deeply in this season
- Attend all 8 Sessions from 7-9 p.m.
- Order a copy of each of the materials EH Spirituality book, EHS workbook & EHS Day by Day
- Your commitment to do the readings/assignments each week (average of 1-2 hours per week)
- Read the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book and follow the daily devotionals; example: on our first day, you’ll begin doing Daily Offices 2x a day – with silence and stillness – and begin prayerfully reading, or rereading, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
Before Week 1 please do the following:
1. Read chapter 1 of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
2. Take the EHS Personal Assessment. How Emotionally Healthy Are You?
If you want to be part of this special opportunity
REGISTER NOW or Email for further questions.
We will be in contact after that to guide you on next steps.
Looking forward to the journey together!
Join the discussion 3 Comments
I’m interested in participating. Can I order the materials online or is it ordered /distributed through Westside?
Hi Adriana! Great! We hope you join us. You can certainly order the material on your own online. We also have the books available to purchase if you prefer that. Contact email@example.com if you want more details. Have a great day!
Thanks Beth!! 🙂