We hope to release a fresh freedom in our youth— to point them towards rooting their identity in Christ and taking ownership of their faith. We are not a replacement for what is being done in their homes. We encourage youth and their families in spiritual growth and a life steeped in discipleship.
WSG YOUTH HAPPENS WEEKLY (Sept-June)
- Weekly Youth – WEDNESDAYS!
- Our youth team is giving youth a new night – Wednesdays. They hope this creates more consistency for some families who travel on the weekend or have important events that fall on Fridays. They also hope to introduce periodic relational events on weekends to give Wednesday a consistent focus on spiritual and community growth!
- Happens weekly, but stay tuned for periodic breaks to give room for key events (e.g. Wednesday before the retreat)
Please pray for our youth group and leaders. Let us know if you’d like to serve in any capacity. We our often looking for drivers, food provision periodically, mentors, or general help for special events.
(Current youth leadership team: Stefanie Whatley, Franca Manafo, Brent Dustin, Andrew Manafo, Adrien Bisson)
Contact David Manafo for more information.
Supporting Youth Ministry.
The resources we pour into Youth ministry are part of our larger budget at Westside. We use funds for snacks, activities, content, etc. We recently sent our youth leadership team to a one-day conference to equip and encourage them. Our new location has given room for our youth ministry to grow. Westside wants to keep fuelling ministry to the next generation. If you’re a regular donor at Westside, thank you so much! A portion of your giving fuels the next generation. Any extra gifts before December 31 or increased recurring gifts help us close our year well and start 2020 with strength.
- Celebrate Christmas @ WSG, Dec. 23 @ 7 PM, all ages
- January Kick-Off (Wednesday, Jan.15)
- We welcome our new Youth Ministry Intern (Derek Klumpenhouwer)
- Youth Nights in 2020 (start Jan. 15)
- (Church Retreat, Mar. 20-22, 2020, all ages)
Please keep praying for our youth ministry and youth leadership team as they head into winter-spring 2020!
Excited to partner and watch God at work!
p.s. Our new Youth Ministry Intern will be arriving in mid January. This is a financial step of faith for our church community but believe strongly in God’s prompting to fuel ministry and mission to the next generation. Please pray for Derek’s arrival and transition.