IMPORTANT YOUTH UPDATES HERE…
I’m really encouraged by what we’re seeing in our youth ministry this season. Growing connections and community are taking shape on Wednesdays. I’m personally sensing a hunger in our youth to connect and grow in their faith. Our youth team is doing a great job!
Here are some UPDATES to keep in mind, including news for this week:
Wednesday night we have one of our youth leaders sharing their own personal journey of faith, which will include some authentic ups and downs. Pray for engaged ears and open hearts.
- 7 p.m. start // doors open 5 p.m. for youth who want to hang out or do some homework (RSVP for pizza by Wednesday noon)
Games and PJs this Friday. This is a fun environment outside of Wednesdays to help our youth build deeper relationships. These are special times to nurture the kind of community that will help them feel more connected. Also a great time to bring a friend.
- 7-10 p.m.// PARENTS = please send a snack to share!! (Contact Stefanie for more info on snacks and drinks)
Sunday Youth Workshop. We’re piloting a 5-week youth workshop this fall during our Sunday gathering. Starting this Sunday (Oct. 27), students (grades 7-9) are welcome to head to the youth room (adjacent to the lobby) after the news/relationship break where a youth workshop will take place during the message time. Matt Nardozza is leading this session. (Matt is one of our worship leaders at Westside. He and Daria are actively involved in our church community. Daria leads our potluck team and serves in a variety of ways including KidsQuest.)
- Youth Nights everyWednesday (until Dec. 11)
- Terra Nova (Friday, Nov. 8)
- Activity TBA (Friday, Nov. 22)
- (Christmas Concert @ WSG, Dec. 1 @ 6:30PM, all ages, ticketed event $)
- Terra Nova (Friday, Dec. 13)
- Youth Christmas Party (Friday, Dec. 18)
- (Celebrate Christmas @ WSG, Dec. 23 @ 7 p.m. – all ages)
- Youth Nights in 2020 (starts Jan. 15)
- (Church Retreat, Mar. 20-22, 2020 – all ages)
Please keep praying for our youth ministry, specifically for a sense of belonging and of course for the Holy Spirit to draw our students to the Lordship of Jesus. Pray for energy and discernment for our youth team. Pray for our youth ministry intern joining us this January-June (Derek).
p.s. consider any way you can support (lifts, snacks, resources, general giving, etc.)